Sunday, February 21, 2010

Card Drive for a 100th Birthday!!!!!!

Here is the post that I seen on Lacey's Blog:

"My good friend Terry has asked me if I could help her collect 100 cards for her Aunt's 100th Birthday!! Her birthday is on April 4th (Easter Sunday).

Wouldn't that be such a great way to celebrate such a wonderful birthday?!

Oh, the things she has seen in her 100 years! Can you imagine growing up without TV's, computers, or cars!! She learned how to drive when she was 12 on a Model T Ford! She was married during the depression.

Margaret recently fell a few months ago, so she is having a little harder time getting around. But that hasn't stopped her from doing the dishes every night!! She is almost 100% self sufficient. That's what I want to be like if I live to my 100th birthday!!

Anyway, if you would like to send Margaret a card, please email me at LaceySoLiving@bellsouth.net and I will give you her address. She lives with my friend Terry, so Terry will keep track of all of the cards that are received by Saturday, April 3rd.

I will post the winner of the gift certificate on Monday, April 5th.
If you would be willing to post this on your blog, it would be greatly appreciated!!
Let's help Margaret have the best 100th birthday ever!!!
~Lacey"

I made this funny card for her, and I used the Sketch from Stampin for the Weekend:

Here is my card:


Thanks,
Maxine

6 Comments:

Lacey Stephens said...

This card is hillarious!! Thank you so much...she is going to LOVE it!!
~Lacey

Kate's Makes said...

Really great card Maxine! I'm sure Margaret will love it and thanks for joining in with our sketch over at SFTW! :o) Kate

Gunn (Merete) said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. Love this fun and joyful image. Great coloring.
Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-D

Tracey said...

Great card, that image is such fun!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
x

crafty amy said...

Hee hee this has really made me smile and what a great lady she sounds amazing and like you say that is what I would like to be like at 100 :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Nancy said...

This card is fabulous, Maxine:O) Love that hillarious image, too cute! Pretty papers and colours, she will love it!
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...