Monday, August 3, 2009

Stampin' for the Weekend Call/Stamp with fun Challenge 18

Stampin' for the Weekend is having a call for Team Members or Guest Designers. They have four spots open, and boy is everyone trying to get in on that. I wanted to make a fresh new card and put anything and everything in it. I was having trouble coming up with something good, and then I came across the Stamp with fun Challenge #18. It gave us a sketch to use, and then everything just fell into place. I just love this card, because it brings back a part of my childhood. Hearing the Mariachis play outside our house for my Grandma.
Here is the sketch we were to use:


Here is my card:





I used my new Cinco de Mayo and Dias felices stamp sets from Stampin' Up!, which for some reason show up on the Spanish catalog but won't show up on the website even when I typed the numbers in.....I'll have to give them a call. I used the card stock from Stampin' Up!, and I also used the Modern label punch from....you guessed it, Stampin' Up!.
I hoped you guys liked my card, and I hope I can snag one of those spots from Stampin for the Weekend!!!!
Maxine

2 Comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Maxine....beautiful card,love the image you have used and a great take on the sketch...thanks for joining us this week at SWF,
Take care
San x

crafty amy said...

Brilliant card I love the vibrant colours and the way you have deorated the inside as well :D
Thank you for putting in to join us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...