Thursday, July 16, 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge #39/Stampin' for the weekend wk6

I have entered this card in 2 challenges! How fun....
The first is Whiff of Joy Challenge #39 where this is what we had to do piercing. This was something new to me, and honestly I didn't know what it was! =) I had never heard of it before, so I looked at some of the other entries/inspiration cards and I got the gist of it. Piercing is something that I would have never done, or even thought of if it wasn't for this challenge. Thank you for teaching me something new.
The second is Stampin' for the Weekend week 6. For this one, we had to do what we could with the "Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate" theme. Red and Brown were the colors to use. When I first checked out the entries for this challenge they had 68 entries! Geeze these ladies don't fool around.=)
Now on to my card. This is what I have created for both these challenges....



This is my first time using this stamp. It took me longer to do the coloring and piercing than it did to make the whole card. I inked the edges with both red and brown to make it stand out a bit. I used regular card stock for the red and brown, and for the red polka dots and white I used my SU paper. I just got the polka dot paper and was so excited to use it. I used regular flowers and simple brads for the flowers.
Thanks for looking,
Maxine

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Maxine! This is such a beautiful card! I think this is my all time favourite WoJ image. It's adorable, isn't it?! You did a fabulous job colouring it. I love the dotty paper and the flowers.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! We hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Kimmi said...

Fab card and your little WoJ image is so sweet! Great piercing and stitching! Makes your image really stand out! Fabulous flowers and I like your papers!

Thank you for playing along with us this week over at "Stampin' for the Weekend". We hope you enjoyed making your card and that you join us again for our next challenge! Good Luck.

Kimmi

crafty amy said...

Brilliant card I love the detail around the image likeyou could just cut her out and the layout is fab! the inside of your card is great too That spotty paper is gorgeous :)

Thank you for joiing us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck with the challenges.
X Amy X

Nancy said...

Lovely card, Maxine:O) Great piercing, love your colouring of beautiful Miss Willow. Wonderful papers and flowers.
Thank you for joining Stampin' for the Weekend this week. Good luck!
Nancy;O)

Donna said...

Great card Maxine, love your coloring on the WOJ stamp, and the distressing you've done around the edges of it and the paper piercing. It all looks fabulous, and your three flowers look great, and I do love the red and white polka dot papers, and the inside looks great too.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a wonderful day.
Donna xx

Vicki said...

Hiya Maxine

Well it was well worth all the time it took you to colour this gorgeous WOJ image, your card is truly wonderful both inside and out. The stitching around the image looks fab. Lovely choice of papers and the flowers are so pretty. Thank you for playing along with this weeks colour challenge over at SFTW, good luck and hopefully you'll be able to join in with many more of our challenges xx vicki xx

Dawn♥ said...

Hello Maxine! Lovely card! Love the stitching around the image and her coloring.
Have a great day! :)
♥Dawn♥

Jane said...

Gorgeous card! thanks for joining us at WOJ, hugs, Jane x

Unknown said...

Maxine this card is adorable I love the strawberries dipped in chocolate color scheme.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...