Friday, June 26, 2009

Cupcake Challenge 45/CCB08

Hi,

OK, so I was running by a couple of websites and I came across Lacey's blog. She always has such amazing stuff on her blog. I emailed her to let her know how inspired I am every time I go to her website and she gave me some tips. The first part of her advice that I decided to take was to enter some challenges. I didn't know if I had what it takes for challenges yet, but I thought it could be a learning experience.

I looked at some of the websites that I had been following and I found another blog having a challenge ending at the end of the month. I thought that I had enough time to get something done so I gave it a shot.

I also entered this in the CCB08 Challenge.
This is what I came up with......


My daughter helped me out with this. I was so nervous, which is weird considering no one was looking over my shoulder. I kept second guessing myself on everything. Is this what people always go through during the challenges, or is it always the first one that gets the butterflies out?

I couldn't decide on some of the things, and my daughter seemed to have all the right answers. For example, I was going to leave the wings just plain old pink and blue, but she said "Mommy if they have wings then they have to be glittered with magic". I couldn't decide on a background color, so she said "Mommy just use them all". I couldn't decide on what phrase if any to use, and she said "Mommy we don't know if their mommy and daddy so they should just be friends". I couldn't go wrong with "you make me smile". She is such a great helper!

This is my first challenge, and can't wait to see what you guys think.

Thanks for looking,
Maxine

4 Comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Maxine, what a lovely card. Your daughter sounds so wonderful (and very helpful too). Love the image and your papers are fab. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi Maxine, this is really pretty, love the papers and they go so well with the image...

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake, good luck hugs pops x

Kruemel said...

You and your daughter did a great job on this one. Lovely colored image - and yes, your daughter was right about the glitter! -, and great take on the sketch.
Thanks for playing with CCC this week.
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Liza said...

You have done a fab job Maxine, this will be the first of many challenges I'm sure. I was so nervous when I did my first one too, but once I started I couldn't stop! Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...