Monday, July 26, 2010

My Story

Here is "My Story" for Act 1 of the Recruit Crew:

It all started when I was looking to start scrapbooking. I was looking for places to go, and I came across a "Grand Opening" for Joey Pogorel's Studio. There were SO many colors and different types of tools. I didn't know what more than half of the stuff was, and Joey was so helpful with everything. They were showing us how to use the Big Shot, and I even made my first "make and take". I kept going out and then back in and just hanging around touch EVERYTHING! She had a BIG basket with the starter kit, and I casually asked her about it. She wasn't pushy at all, which I liked....but I still didn't know if it was something that I wanted to do as a "on the side" type of job.

I was suppose to take a class at a different scrap shop, but I got a call the day of the class and was told that it had been canceled because I was the only one that had signed up. I called up Joey, who was also having a class, and asked if I she had any room. She said she did, so I went over....I was the only one that was there besides her! I thought that it was pretty cool that she didn't cancel her class even though I was the only one that was there. That showed me that she wasn't in it just for the money, but for the customers. We talked again about me being a possible recruit, and I signed up the next day!

I really like doing this whole crafting thing. It's not my full time job, but when I have some spare time I do a little of this or that. I've even started up a Technique Tuesday class of my own, and have 2 clubs! I hope that one day I can have at least half the customer base that my wonderful upline has.

Thanks for reading my story,
Maxine

2 Comments:

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

TFS your story. Now following your. Hope you follow me too.
Norma
www.stampingaweigh.blogspot.com

Nanci said...

Great story. I'm following you from SC. Hope you'll join my blog too! www.crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...